Update your PC drivers regularly to prevent hardware problems. You can update your drivers by using Windows Update or by using the Microsoft Driver Scan Program.
To install drivers in Windows 10, the commonly used method is to use the device manager. You can navigate to Devices > System Devices > right-click on any device and select Update Driver Software. However, if you are unable to get the device manager to open, for whatever reason, you can also use the command prompt. To do this, locate the device you wish to update using the device manager or Windows search, then right-click on the device you wish to update and select Run as administrator.
If you are wondering how to fix Select the driver to install error in Windows 11, then don’t worry, below are four ways to resolve that error.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a kid, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
- When installing Windows 11, if the warning Select the driver to install occurs, it indicates that your ISO file is missing some critical data.
- This issue is typically resolved by redownloading the ISO file from a trustworthy source and attempting to install the OS again.
- Adjust your hard drive settings in BIOS if your Windows 11 bootable USB doesn’t work.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Installing a new operating system is generally a straightforward and painless operation, however problems may arise and disrupt the process.
When attempting to install Windows 11 on their PC, several customers reported seeing the Select the driver to install prompt. This may make it difficult to enjoy the operating system, so knowing how to repair it correctly is critical.
This error message may arise for a variety of causes, ranging from faulty installation media to missing drivers, and we’ll go through all of them in this tutorial. Join us as we search for the greatest answer to this problem.
Why do I keep getting the Select the driver to install error?
The most common reason of this issue is a lack of required drivers in the Windows installation disk.
This may be due to a corrupted ISO file or a compatibility problem. If the issue is caused by a compatibility issue, Microsoft will most likely fix it in a future Windows version.
Is the error Select the driver to install critical?
Yes, this kind of mistake is significant since it prevents your operating system from being installed. If a necessary driver is absent, the installation will be unable to access your hard drive or SSD, resulting in the issue.
Such problems are usually a source of worry, particularly for less tech-savvy users, but there are a few options for resolving the issue on your PC.
How can I solve Windows 11’s Select the driver to install error?
1. Download the Windows 11 ISO file once again.
- Go to Microsoft’s downloads page.
- Choose the version you’d like to download.
- Now choose the language you want to use.
- Finally, click the download button.
- Allow for the download of the ISO file.
It’s conceivable that your Windows 11 ISO file was damaged during download, resulting in the loss of certain data; however, this may be resolved by downloading the ISO file again.
When attempting to install a different version of Windows 11, some customers claimed that the error notice did not show, so be sure to try that as well.
2. Change the SATA Mode of Operation
- Continue hitting Del to enter BIOS while your PC is booting.
- Go to the Peripherals section of the menu.
- SATA Mode should now be set to AHCI.
- Save your modifications before attempting to reinstall Windows 11.
The driver will not be needed during the installation if you change this option, and you will not get the Select the driver to install statement on Windows 11.
Because each motherboard BIOS is unique, consult your motherboard documentation to learn how to enter BIOS and change the SATA Mode.
3. Obtain the missing drivers and save them to the installation USB.
- The necessary driver may be downloaded here. It’s typically a chipset or Rapid Storage driver.
- Extract the drivers after they’ve been downloaded.
- Now copy any sys, inf, or dll files that you find.
- Paste these into the Windows 11 installation disc on your USB drive.
- Restart the installation process.
- If you’re prompted for drivers, choose the ones you put on the USB device.
This problem was mainly reported on Dell machines, and the following remedy worked for many customers, so we think it would work for other PC manufacturers as well.
Keep in mind that this is a more complex approach, and you’ll need to know which drivers to download and install.
4. Perform a hard drive check.
- Make sure your computer is shut off entirely.
- Remove it from the power source.
- Open the casing of your computer.
- Examine your SATA cables to ensure that they are securely attached to both your hard drive and the motherboard.
- Next, double-check that the power cord connecting your drive is correctly attached.
- Close your computer case, plug the PC into a power outlet, and see whether the problem has been resolved.
When installing Windows 11, weak connections may cause your storage device to not be recognized, resulting in the Select the driver to install warning.
As a result, double-check your gear and make sure everything is in working order. Advanced hardware diagnostic tools are the best method to accomplish this.
How do I create a bootable Windows 11 drive?
You’ll need to obtain a Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft’s website to make a bootable disk. The ISO file should not be downloaded from third-party websites because it may have been tampered with.
Simply use Rufus to make bootable media after obtaining the ISO file. Check out our article on how to create a bootable USB drive for Windows 11 for more detailed instructions.
What are the most frequent installation problems in Windows 11?
The TPM device not identified issue is one of the most frequent difficulties encountered while installing Windows 11. If you’re not acquainted with TPM, we recommend reading our guide to Windows 11 with TPM for more details.
Even if you’re experiencing installation difficulties, following our guide to resolving Windows 11 installation issues should help you resolve them.
Getting rid of the Select the driver to install notice in Windows 11 doesn’t have to be difficult, and we hope that our ideas helped you solve the issue.
Did you figure out the solution on your own? If this is the case, please let us know in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
I am very glad that I found this blog. I have tried several times to remove the driver to install error in Windows 11 but I could not figure it out. After reading your post I got the solution and now I can use my PC properly. Thank You very much.. Read more about windows 11 drivers and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Windows 11 installation failed?
The installation failed because you do not have enough disk space on your computer. You should try to free up some space by deleting files or uninstalling programs that are no longer needed.
How do I fix a driver installation error?
You can try to uninstall the driver and reinstall it again.
How do I install drivers on Windows 11?
You can find drivers for your computer on the manufacturers website.
- windows 11 installation error
- this pc can’t run windows 11 fix
- tpm 2.0 windows 11 fix
- windows 11 system requirements error
- windows 11 drivers download